Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143















While driving down a busy road my daughter Kathryn and I saw this little guy crossing the street. I pulled over , grabbed my camera and started shooting. We started to get nervous for him because he crossed the road 4 times, while we were there.
We saw the mother sitting in the wood, probably trying to get her strength back, we think he was only a couple hours old.
My daughter stayed at the top of the hill to get the oncoming cars to slow down because they couldn't see us from around the curve in the road. I stayed with the little guy and soon realized, he was following me. He kept rubbing up against my legs . My daughter said "He thinks you're his Mom !" Once I realized that, I climbed down the rocks and started to make my way into the woods, and he followed me. As we got deeper in towards where the Mom was he took off on his own.
What an exciting day, I have never seen a fawn before.

Check out my flickr page for a few more shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/bettywisse/

2 comments:

  1. Great story Betty. You should let the Westport news know about it.

    Most people would just go on by and the little guy would have perished.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Jack, that was my intention, after it was over but life took over .

    ReplyDelete