Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 145



















The saga continues......
I had to go back to where I saw the baby fawn 2 days ago to see if he was okay. To my surprise he was still there in a bush 3 feet off the side of the busy road. I was told by a friend that the mother will typically leave the baby in a bush alone. The Wildlife in Crisis site said that " often does will not return to their fawns until well after dark."
It was almost dark when I saw it so I grabbed a few shots then left it alone so the doe would return without fear.
I used a really high iso to try to get a half way decent shot. This is best I could do.
Interesting that the Animal Control told me I could have just picked it up and moved it, even cuddled it. However I did a search and found that the Wildlife in Crisis site said "Do not touch the fawn! This could cause the mother to reject it. If the fawn has already been "handled", wipe the fawn off with a clean towel rubbed with dirt, put on a clean pair of gloves, and return the fawn to the site of origin.
Good call by my daughter Kathryn, who originally told us not to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment