Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 3












We went to Morton's Restaurant in Stamford, CT. tonight for my daughter Kathryn's 21st birthday dinner. As usual she had the Godiva Hot Chocolate Cake for dessert. It was so pretty (and absolutely delicious, she shared) I just had to take a photo of it. Especially since it was now
evening and I haven't taken any photos today. I had to act quickly, as everyone wanted to dig in.
I brought my big ole 1DMarkIII with it's L-bracket into the restaurant so I couldn't be very
discreet. Using 3200 iso since I had no flash this is what I got.
The poster card idea came about because I was trying to follow a tutorial on making part of the
photo jump out of the frame but got lost , so I decided to make it a birthday card. I found some
fancy brushed online then played around with text and layer styles. This is all new to me.
Happy Birthday Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment