Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day26
















I spent a good part of the day distributing these posters in Fairfield, Ct.
It's an event called heARTS FOR HAITI. See http://heartforhaitict.tumblr.com/#

"This important fund-raising effort will take place on January 29 + 30 in five Connecticut galleries across Fairfield County who will open their doors to sell hundreds of donated works of art, with all proceeds benefiting Save the Children.

Visit the galleries, tell your friends, purchase art and support the artists whose generous donations will help make a difference in the lives of the people and families in Haiti."

My challenge today was to use a laser to light paint hearts on the poster. I didn't realize how difficult it is to make a nice looking heart with a laser. I had to resort to taking a straight photo of the poster then add a heart brush, which I got here http://www.easyelements.com/free-photoshop-brushes.html#heart, then added 2 textures and finally a light vignette.
The funny part was trying to draw the heart with the laser as my puppy kept jumping up on the wall to try to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment